There was a lot of learning that went into this project, and it was really helpful to learn how to shoot in shutter priority mode. It was a whole new experience to me, and I was able to understand how much influence the photographer has in a shot. I normally wouldn’t take blurry photos because I normally photograph people, and it’s a huge no to do that, but I had fun creating these images and realizing that after I got the hang of it I could create some remarkable things.
This photo took me try after try, and this was the most creative rolling dice picture I could get. I had to set the tripod to a really low height and continuously roll the dice over and over again. This was the final product, I turned in black and white in Lightroom to give it more of a bright effect.
This shot was actually fairly easy, I wanted to catch the pages blurring, so I put my shutter speed down low and used my hand to rustle the pages. This was the end result, I then brightened up the colors in Lightroom.
I took this photo too late at night with not enough light, which is why it’s grainy and in black and white, I edited it in Lightroom. I realized that when taking a photo I need to have better time management. I think even with everything that went wrong that the dice turned out really clear, I will definitely try to recreate this picture soon.
I initially wanted to take this photo with a lighter but thought the matches would give it a cooler vibe. I had my husband hold the matched and turned up the shutter speed, this took out all remaining light in the background only leaving what the fire lit up. I went in and softened up the skin in lightroom, as well as brightened the colors in the fire.